Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dream and Memory

Dream:
Recently I've been dreaming a lot, its one of those things where you don't get much sleep for a period of time, or you have a lot of short dreams, or you don't dream at all. I never took psychology, but I've heard and read about those cycles your body and mind go through. The most recent one (that I can remember having) is one where I was dancing on ice skates. I do a lot of swing dancing, about three times a week, so the dancing part would make sense. But in my dream I was having a really hard time keeping up with my dance partner, which doesn't happen very often. Suddenly I received a phone call from someone, and I went out into the lobby to talk to them, when I realized that the lobby was actually a hallway in my high school. After my call I went back onto the ice and continued dancing, which seemed to have improved quite a bit. What seems odd about the dream is that I haven't been ice skating in years and I haven't been back in my high school in months. But I guess that is what dreams are supposed to be, odd.

Earliest Memory:
My earliest memory is also one of my most important and cherished ones. I was probably around the age of 1 1/2 or 2 when it happened, since I know that my sister hadn't been born at the time. But I remember sitting on my grandpa's lap and giggling while he bounced me on his leg. I remember looking up at him in his red plaid shirt and seeing him laugh and smile at me. This is a cherished memory because he died when I was three, and it is my only memory of him.
-RD

No comments:

Post a Comment